New ACES Unfolding Alzheimer's Cases and More at INACSL/Orlando
The NLN will be out in force at the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) Conference, June 18-21.
Join Our Sessions
- Learn more about our newest Unfolding Cases in "Sharing the Magic of ACES: Advancing Care Excellence for Alzheimer's Patients,” presented by Dr. Mary Anne Rizzolo, Dr. Sue Forneris and author Ms. Jeanne Cleary.
Session 9A: Saturday, June 21, 10:15 - 10:45 am
- At "The Magic Is in the Formula: Innovative Programs Developed by the NLN to Prepare Simulation Education Leaders,” share in a dialogue about leadership in simulation education focusing on core competencies needed by simulation faculty who assume leadership roles. Drs. Mary Anne Rizzolo and Sue Forneris will provide an overview of the NLN's Leadership Institute which includes the Leadership Development Program for Simulation Educators.
Hot Topics Session HT3: Thursday, June 19, 1:45 - 2:30 pm
- Learn about high stakes testing projects at two different organizations from presenters Drs. Mary Anne Rizzolo and Suzan Kardong-Edgren and Ms. Leaugeay Barnes at "The Realities of High Stakes Testing from Nursing and Emergency Medical Technician Perspectives.”
Session 2D: Thursday, June 19, 11:40 am -
- Join your colleagues and contribute to the ongoing dialogue at the Town Hall Meeting: "Are We Ready for High Stakes Testing in Simulation?"
Saturday, June 21, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Experience the Latest Enhancements in Simulation Teaching Strategies
- vSim for Nursing: An innovative product line, co-developed by Laerdal Medical and Wolters Kluwer Health, vSim for Nursing/Medical-Surgical features 10 interactive virtual patient simulations with integrated curriculum resources, pre- and post-simulation quizzes, and guided reflection questions based on the Complex Care Medical-Surgical Scenarios (Volume 1) developed by the National League for Nursing. Come see what it's all about. Both the Laerdal and Wolters Kluwer Health exhibit booths feature live demonstrations.
- Sim Pad: Participate in live simulation demonstrations of our ACES stars - Millie, Henry, Julia and Lucy, and Red using Sim Pad. Stop by the Laerdal booth for more information and demonstration times.
Visit the NLN Booth
Sign up to win a free SIRC course or a copy of Clinical Simulations in Nursing Education: Advanced Concepts, Trends, and Opportunities, Dr. Pam Jeffries newest book published by NLN Press.
New Unfolding Cases Alzheimer's Patients
Thanks to all the schools who piloted our three Alzheimer's Unfolding Cases, funded by Met Life. They are available free of charge on the NLN website. Get to know George, Ertha, and Judy.
Dr. Kristina Dreifuerst to Deliver the Spunt Lecture at NLN Summit 2014
We are pleased to announce that Kristina Dreifuerst, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN, CNE,assistant professor, Indiana University School of Nursing, was selected to give the prestigious Debra L. Spunt Lecture at the 2014 NLN Education Summit. Don't miss "Reasoning and Practice Education: Debriefing In, On, and Beyond Simulation!” on Saturday, September 20. Congratulations Dr. Dreifuerst!
We hope to see you all at "Flight of the Phoenix” in Phoenix, AZ September 17-20. Visit www.nln.org/Summit for more information and to register. Best prices available until May 31.
Save the Date
The 2014 NLN/Elsevier Technology Conference, "What's Happening Now,” takes place October 24 - 26 in Nashville, TN. Stay tuned for more information, coming soon.
Apply for the NLN's Simulation Leadership Program
This year-long program, directed by Pamela Jeffries, is designed for nurse educators who wish to assume a leadership role in simulation. Applications will be accepted in September so watch for the announcement. Develop your leadership skills so you can fuel your passion and promote simulation at the regional, state, national, and international levels. For more information, visit the Leadership Institute.