Clinical Simulation Centers offer a vast array of simulation opportunities for students. The following Simulation Centers welcome inquiries from those who would like to learn more about these learning environments.
Would you be willing to let others tour your clinical simulation center and share your insights?
If so, please submit your information here about your center to the SIRC.
Centers are alphabetized by State/Province.
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
(Last edited: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 2:56 PM)
California - California Simulation Alliance
Name of Sim Center: California Simulation Alliance
(Last edited: Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:39 AM)
California - California State University, Channel Islands
Name of Sim Center: Simulation Lab
The Simulation Lab serves as a skills lab and simulation center for all students enrolled in CI Nursing Programs.
CI's generic Nursing Program uniquely integrates skills development and simulation into its curriculum for both the generic and RN - BSN track programs. The Simulation Lab courses allow students to learn skills relevant to their level of preparation, and develop decision-making and critical-thinking skills through simulation. The program conducts over 500 simulated experiences per year.
There is a wide variety of educational materials, such as videos, books, and equipment, available to the nursing students.
• Medium and high-fidelity manikins, which are Laerdal and Gaumard products, including Sim Man, Sim Baby, Newborn Sim Baby, Noelle, Baby Hal/Hallie, PALS equipped Mike, Vital Sim adults and kids.
• MedDispense: an automated, computerized medication dispensing system using bar coding.
• SimXpress audiovisual recording
• Low fidelity simulators: IV arms and chests, injection trainers, birthing, pelvic examination, wounds, and ostomy.
• Web based audio visual simulation management equipment: SimXpress
The Simulation Lab environment is aesthetic and inviting for student learning. The lab has an adjoining classroom equipped with media capability and laptop computers. In addition to scheduled labs, there are open hours available to all students in the program to practice skills, and they may use the classroom to study.
(Last edited: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 8:54 AM)
California - California State University, Chico
Name of Sim Center: Rural Northern California Simulation Center