Developing Simulated Learning Experiences

Picture of NIchole Shockley
Debriefing systems
by NIchole Shockley - Friday, April 22, 2016, 11:52 AM

Hello,

My name is Nichole Shockley and I am the OB Simulation Coordinator at Huntsville Hospital. We are looking around for a camera/debriefing system and I was wondering if you minded sharing what kind of system you have or what you use to film/debrief after your simulations with your students.

Thank you for your time!!

Picture of Diana Breed
Re: Debriefing systems
by Diana Breed - Friday, April 22, 2016, 12:37 PM

Hi Nichole.  At Mesa Community College we use studiocode on an apple laptop that hooks into our video equipment.  Playback is instantaneous with "markers" to make sure what we want to playback.  Not all the faculty use the playback for debriefing, but we keep the data.  

Students also can use the icoda --- it is an interface that allows the students to code during the simulation to increase interactiveness of the observers.  

Some love it, some are not sure, but all appreciate not having to point out concerns, they are easily seen by the student and the discussion then can revolve around changes.  

Hope that helps, Nichole.  Feel free to contact me if  you want any further information, Diana

Picture of Danett Cantey
by Danett Cantey - Friday, April 22, 2016, 12:53 PM

We use CAE LearningSpace software. It meets our needs....but we are not using it to it's full capabilities.

Picture of rose maria
by rose maria - Saturday, April 29, 2017, 7:55 AM

Hello Danett Cantey . can you please explain the CAE learningSpace software.Because i am working in the ERP software Dubai .Is there is any software is available with the same capability of CAE?

Picture of Carla Dormeus
by Carla Dormeus - Friday, April 22, 2016, 1:52 PM

We are currently using KbPort. I love everything about it: excellent quality, easy to use, ability to bookmark, life streaming to other rooms, and of course, the price is reasonable. Contact me if you need any further information. I will be happy to share my experience.