Simulation Research

Dear colleagues,

I am inviting you to participate in my Master's research study titled Virtual communities of practice in simulation-based healthcare education: Motivating factors, enablers, and content value assessment.   Dr. Robin Kay of the Faculty of Education at the University of Ontario, Institute of Technology is my faculty supervisor for this thesis research.

The purpose of this study is to clarify what enables and motivates simulation-based healthcare education professionals such as yourselves to participate in virtual communities of practice, as well as how you assess the value of content posted therein. In order to accomplish this, I would like to explore your perceptions through an anonymous online questionnaire.

Completion of this survey will take approximately 15 minutes of your time.  At the conclusion of the survey, you will have the opportunity to enter into a draw for a USD $100 Visa gift card. 

If you have any questions about the study please contact me (jordan.holmes@uoit.ca), or my supervisor Dr. Robin Kay (robin.kay@uoit.ca).

This project has been approved by the UOIT Research Ethics Board as of September 3, 2015, REB # 15-006. 

If you are willing to complete the online questionnaire, please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SimVCoPs

Many thanks,

Jordan Holmes

M.A. candidate, Faculty of Education

University of Ontario, Institute of Technology

jordan.holmes@uoit.ca