Equipment Issues

Picture of carol odinzoff
Staying connected
by carol odinzoff - Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 7:01 PM

Our 3G seems to turn on okay, but frequently disconnects from the network/system. That's a real problem since I would like to turn the system on and have him stay on/ running consistently on lab days. Laerdal techs have been here and when they are here the system seems to stay on just fine however today, the 3G disconnected repeatedly all afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is an ongoing problem.

Picture of Mary Terwilliger
Re: Staying connected
by Mary Terwilliger - Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 7:41 PM

Our iStan had the same issues and we ended up replacing his internal router AND it always occurs when any of the students or faculty had smart phones or fit bits on them when they were in close contact with the mannequin.

by carol odinzoff - Thursday, May 7, 2015, 4:56 PM

Thanks... I will try banning cell phones from the simulation lab and we just ordered another router to see if this helps. It has been a problem since we got the 3G 18 months ago.

Picture of Patricia Bedell-Pulito
by Patricia Bedell-Pulito - Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 10:10 AM

It is my understanding that the new router that was developed and installed in older 3Gs several years ago should have taken care of loss of connectivity related to competition from cell phones. We had that problem as well until the new router was installed. When we lose connectivity now, it is typically either a network issue, or often just a loose cable on the instructor application or the mannequin. Do you run your 3G with batteries or directly power the HPS with a power cord?

Pat Pulito

by carol odinzoff - Thursday, May 7, 2015, 4:57 PM

I typically run the 3G with the power on (plugged in) since we have had a few scenarios where the batteries went dead during a session. It is very frustrating to have him fired up and then lose the signal.