Equipment Issues

Picture of Jo-Ann Cole
High Fidelity Simulator Warranties
by Jo-Ann Cole - Thursday, January 8, 2015, 2:28 PM

We're in the process of upgrading our Sim Lab.  The warranties on HFS are costly and are adding significantly to the overall expense.  What are folks doing in relation to extended warranties?  I've checked with some other people at nearby schools and they indicated that they couldn't afford the extended warranties.  They just went with the initial warranty that came with their manikin.  Appreciate any feedback you can give me related to your experiences with extended warranties.  Thank you!  Jo-Ann

Picture of Wendy Grbach
Re: High Fidelity Simulator Warranties
by Wendy Grbach - Thursday, January 8, 2015, 3:10 PM

HI Jo-Ann,

I have one mannequin that was an original purchase 8 years ago, we purchased the extended warranty and have not needed ANY support for work....she's that stable and we use her continually.  However, I have another product simulator that we paid for the initial extended warranty, and continue with ongoing annual warranty purchases. It really has saved me as this product is constantly having issues with functionality and repair needs.  So not a good answer.  One repair cost of the second simulator covered  warranty expenditure, and it broke twice more that same year. Would not have been able to cover those expenses on our limited budget.  

Email me directly for more info if you like.

Wendy :)

Wendeline Grbach, MSN, RN, CLNC, CHSE

UPMC Schools of Nursing

Shadyside Campus

Pittsburgh, PA

Picture of Colleen Tingey
Re: High Fidelity Simulator Warranties
by Colleen Tingey - Thursday, January 8, 2015, 6:44 PM

We feel like we can't afford not to have the extended warranties.  We use CAE manikins. When something goes wrong, you call tech support, they help you diagnose the problem and then they will overnight the part to you for no charge if you have the warranty.  It really has reduced our down time.  

We accidentally allowed our extended warranty for our Gaumard Noelle to lapse and when she broke down, they helped diagnose the problem over the phone, but we would have had to pay to ship her back and pay for repairs, which was almost more than the manikin was worth.

Overall, I'm definitely a fan of extended warranties for high fidelity manikins.