Interprofessional Advanced Clinical Simulation Fellowship
We are recruiting a nurse, physician assistant, pharmacist, nurse practitioner, health psychologist, or social worker with a graduate degree in their field for a one year fellowship that will prepare the fellow to lead the workforce into the future using simulation to improve patient safety. The purpose of the Interprofessional Fellowship Program in Clinical Simulation is to develop leaders with vision, knowledge, and commitment to advance, implement, teach, and evaluate simulation-based training strategies to improve healthcare for Veterans and the Nation.
The fellows will
· work with a physician and nurse educator
· 70% of their time in simulation with a mentor
· 30 % of their time in clinical practice
· present and/or publish their work
· participate with SimLEARN to develop a coordinated curriculum in clinical simulation
· participate in interprofessional simulations at Brown University, Rhode Island College, and the University of Rhode Island
· be sent to training at VA National Sim Center in Florida with other fellows from around the country
· have opportunities to expand our interdisciplinary critical incident training including mock codes, first five minutes (GO training), and out of OR airway management
· have opportunities to develop simulation-based education for staff and trainees in our emergency, surgery, and women’s health and homeless clinic and academic programs
The Fellowship will begin in early July.
Each applicant should submit curriculum vitae, documentation of professional credentials, and a personal statement. The personal statement should speak to the prospective fellow’s professional interests, particularly relative to simulation, goals for their fellowship year, a description of what they bring to the VAPHS simulation program and a discussion of their career goals. Application materials should be sent to the Fellowship Co-Directors by April 15, 2013.
Judy Murphy PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE Wilfredo Curios MD FAEM
Providence VA Medical Center
830 Chalkstone Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
401-273-7100 ext 2290