Equipment Issues

Picture of Colleen Tingey
VitalSim Units wanted
by Colleen Tingey - Friday, December 13, 2013, 6:54 PM

Does anyone have any of the old VitalSim Units they are willing to sell at a reasonable price? We have the new SimPads, but are frustrated that they time out and turn off and we can't set them to stay on for longer than an hour, even if they are plugged in. We have some applications for our assessment course that we set up a scenario for students to assess and want it to keep running all day as each section of students comes in to assess it. The old VitalSim units worked much better for this application.

Please contact me if you are interested in selling your VitalSim Units. We need 4.

Colleen Tingey
Nursing Learning Center Supervisor
Brigham Young University College of Nursing
colleen_tingey@byu.edu

Picture of Billy Sullivan
Re: VitalSim Units wanted
by Billy Sullivan - Sunday, December 15, 2013, 6:23 PM

Colleen,

I have two complete Vitalsim units including main unit, remote, cable and carrying case. Contact me if you are interested in purchasing them.

Billy
Picture of Holly Pugh
by Holly Pugh - Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 10:13 AM

I just heard that Laerdal has pushed out a fix for this in the latest update.  If the box is plugged in, it will not time out.  I  the version is 5.0.5.  We are thrilled.  We have several scenarios that we have to go around and touch the screen every 15 minutes and this will eliminate that problem.

Holly Pugh

Director, Clinical Simulation Center - Bon Secours College of Nursing

Richmond, VA

Holly_Pugh@bshsi.org

Picture of Cody Deuel
by Cody Deuel - Monday, September 14, 2015, 1:28 AM

Coleen, If you are still interested in these I have 4 available for sale.

Picture of Colleen Tingey
by Colleen Tingey - Monday, September 14, 2015, 10:55 AM

Thanks, but I got what I needed.  Good luck selling your units!