Equipment Issues

Picture of Genevieve Beaird
Debriefing Software recommendations
by Genevieve Beaird - Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 4:05 PM

We are a well established center that is in the market for upgraded debriefing software. We need something that could integrate with Laerdal, Meti and function with live pt actors too. We are very interested in tracking center and simulator usage as well--being able to create reports. It would be nice to have capabilities to keep inventory of equipment in the software as well. I have reached out to CAE, Laerdal, Bline Medical, CMS etc---waiting to hear back and set up presentations.

Would love to hear opinions of what others are using currently. Pros/Cons---what made you go with one company over another.
Thank you!

Genevieve Beaird MS, RN
Assistant Director
Clinical Learning Center
VCU School of Nursing
Richmond,Va

Picture of Robert Vroman
Re: Debriefing Software recommendations
by Robert Vroman - Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 4:51 PM

If such a product exists I would also be very interested in learning about it as it would fit perfectly in a hole we currently have. Especially with live patients. Our current solution is to run a dummy cable to the patient and have the live cable go to a box capable of generating rhythms and accepting defibrillation, but I would love to find a way to make it even more realistic.

Robert Vroman, M.Ed., BS NRP
Associate Professor of EMS
Red Rocks Community College

Picture of Diana Breed
Re: Debriefing Software recommendations
by Diana Breed - Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:58 AM

We are currently piloting the software - Studio Code (apple based). It seems very user friendly and also runs reports - kind of pricey, but so worth it.

We can set up our coding boxes to meet the objectives of the simulation, as we video tape we click on the objective (hit or miss) and it marks the area on the video. When we do play back for debriefing we can move quickly to that area.

Also I can ask it to generate a report on each click made during the video to show me what objectives are we hitting and which ones are being missed so that I can adjust the simulation or inform the classroom faculty if we are missing key instruction.