Equipment Issues

Picture of Jason Degn
Pediatric and Baby METI simulators for sale
by Jason Degn - Monday, November 26, 2012, 5:58 PM

College of Saint Mary has two METI simulators that we are no longer using (baby and pediatric sims) along with all of the accessories (air compressor, controllers, apple laptops, etc.). The baby has never really been used. Both were purchased 3-5 years ago, I suspect. If anybody is interested in purchasing one or both, let me know...

What are you asking for them. We've never used METI before but would like pics if you have any.
Picture of Jeff Carmack
Re: Pediatric and Baby METI simulators for sale
by Jeff Carmack - Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 2:27 PM

What would be the selling price and model numbers involved.
Picture of Jason Degn
by Jason Degn - Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 3:18 PM

Hi, all -

I am working with our lab coordinator to get more of the details and photos. We haven't used these much, so frankly, we don't know much about them.

Here is what I know from her:

1. For the PEDI mannequin: I have the binder it was shipped with. This is the how-to guide for this mannequin. It is a PediaSIM ECS (emergency care simulator). That is about all I can tell. I really don’t have much else to go on.
    2. For the BABY mannequin: This is a METI BabySIM. I would assume we got them about the same time. The skin on this one looks better the other one but that may be due to the fact that we haven’t used it nearly as much. The PEDI is missing 2 skin pads and sounds like she has a leak in her L leg. They both have the black box as well as a specific laptop and specific compressor to go along. They both have the same setup in regards to umbilical cords/pigtails.
    3. We installed the PEDI on 9/21/07 and the BABY 5/25/08. When we purchased them they were priced about $45,000 each. Today they would cost around $33,500. As far as what I think we could get for them as is…. PEDI maybe $8,500 and the BABY maybe $10,000 since it is newer and much less ‘loved’. It is honestly almost brand new.

I will post more info as I receive it.

Picture of Jason Degn
by Jason Degn - Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:03 AM

Hello, all -

These simulators are still available. I am happy to provide any additional information, if needed.

Thanks,

Jason

Hello Jason

We would be interested to import to India. Can you give competitive quotes and also arrange for shipping against confirmed LC. goyalbhushan@yahoo.com