Simulation Centers and Faculty/Staff Development

Picture of Colleen Koszelak
changing from admin position to faculty
by Colleen Koszelak - Thursday, October 25, 2012, 3:02 PM
I am currently in an admin position as skills lab coordinator but will be graduating in December with my MSN (hopefully). I coordinate our regular skills lab as well as our small sim lab, with hopes of expanding the sim component. I was wondering who has a faculty position as a lab coordinator for both skills and sim, what credit load you are given, if you have teaching responsibilities also, and if possible what the salary is. I would like to be aware of comparable positions and salaries in the hopes that I will be offered a faculty position but it would be a new title for my college. Thank you!
Picture of Jen Atteberry
Re: changing from admin position to faculty
by Jen Atteberry - Thursday, January 10, 2013, 2:45 AM
I have one year left on my PHD and am an assistant professor at a state college in Minnesota. I am also the lab coordinator.  My salary is $58000 base.  As for credit load, in the fall is our lesser time so I currently get 2 credits release for the lab and teach the other 9.  Next fall this is changing to 4 credits because of the demand of faculty and the high use of simulation.  In the spring I have 6 credits release for lab because of the high demand and 6 credits for teaching.  Make sure to compare the cost of living in northern Mn to wherever you are at to see if the salary adequate for you.