Simulation Research

Picture of Susan Hall
Mentorship in Simulation
by Susan Hall - Saturday, September 1, 2012, 9:34 AM

I really think this would be a good research topic concerning mentorship in simulation. I am a novice in simulation and having a mentor in simulation can provide valuable information for any one starting out in simulation.

Susan W. Hall, EdD,MSN, RNC

Instructor- Winston-Salem State University

Division of Nursing

601 S. Martin Luther King Drive

408A F L Atkins Building

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 27110

Office Number: 336- 750-8675

Fax: 750-2034

Picture of Michael Young
Re: Mentorship in Simulation
by Michael Young - Monday, May 19, 2014, 11:05 AM
I agree. This is important for both the educator and the operational staff. To some extent this happens naturally, but more work should be done to establish formal mentoring curriculum and activities.
Picture of Diana Breed
Re: Mentorship in Simulation
by Diana Breed - Monday, May 19, 2014, 3:46 PM
Hi Susan, I agree, as well. I have been doing on the job learning, but also had someone to help me with a vision prior to my arrival. I believe it is also important that the faculty you working with understand what role you have in simulation. I work very closely with my faculty but in fact do not do all of the simulation. I help develop simulation, organize a plan, make sure all teams are aware of what has happened in the levels before them/or after them. I also make sure our objectives match the course objectives and even look at video to make sure we are on target. Thank you for bring this up, Diana Breed, MSN RN
Mesa Community College,
Simulation Coordinator