Simulation Research

Picture of Mark Neill
Debriefing Model and Reflective Learning
by Mark Neill - Saturday, May 5, 2012, 8:22 PM

Hello Everyone

My name is Mark and I have just joined SIRC today (6th May 2012). I have started my PhD formulating a structured debriefing model seeking to identify the link with reflection and the stages thereof) and critical reflection. Looking forward to chatting with fellow simulation educators and researchers over the coming years

Regards

Mark

Adelaide, Australia

Picture of Trena Seago
Re: Debriefing Model and Reflective Learning
by Trena Seago - Thursday, March 7, 2013, 1:35 PM

Greetings-- I am also working on my doctorate and my dissertation topic is debriefing . I am going to study two types of reflective methods. Good Luck! TS Kentucky, USA

Hi Mark-

I am also starting my dissertation process. My topic is about debriefing - during post conference. A bit of a twist, but I think it is an important twist.

Ellen

Good for you Ellen.  I'm sure you will find the NLN's new statement about debriefing across the curriculum (including post-conference) a great help in your work.  http://www.nln.org/docs/default-source/about/nln-vision-series-(position-statements)/nln-vision-debriefing-across-the-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Hi Mark, 

Have you looked into Kolb's Theory of Experiential Learning? There is a major component of reflective learning in this framework. 

Annette

CA, USA