Equipment Issues

Picture of Mary Terwilliger
Tape on mannequin
by Mary Terwilliger - Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 7:16 PM
Recently we placed tape on the abdomen of I Stan - after the first day we went to remove the tape and it had left a residue on his skin. Suggestions on how to remove this?
Thank you
Picture of Caleb Lewis
Re: Tape on mannequin
by Caleb Lewis - Friday, April 6, 2012, 10:21 AM
I use a product called, "GooGone" it works pretty good.  The tape will leave a sticky mess when the manikin heats up.  Hope that helps!
Picture of Rebecca Reed
by Rebecca Reed - Friday, April 6, 2012, 11:00 AM

Goo be gone works, but in difficult situations I have been known to resort to nail polish remover.  So far it has not caused damage to my manikins.  We also follow manufacturer suggestions and only allow use of paper tape on the manikins.

Picture of Mike Koegel
by Mike Koegel - Friday, April 6, 2012, 4:07 PM
We use "Adhesive Tape Remover Pads" (ours are made by PDI item# B16400) and they work well and are very handy. I then follow up with an alcohol pad.  They are made for removing tape residue from patients.
Picture of denise poland
by denise poland - Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:28 AM

We use a product called "Lift Off" and can be purchased from Lowes, Menards or Home Depot.  I found it in the painting supplies isle.  It works great with a 4 x 4 gauze and then wash off any residue with a gentle soapy solution.  Be sure to have ventilated room.    When I used GOO GONE it didn't seem to take it off as well and caused some discoloration on my Vital Sim Annes chest.

Picture of Jennifer Bulinski
by Jennifer Bulinski - Sunday, October 28, 2012, 1:15 PM
Goo Off or Goo Gone is what I use and it works perfectly. I put it on a gauze and rub the spot where there is tape residue. I tend to use paper tape on manikins and it seems to not leave as much residue as other tapes. Good luck.
Picture of Jean Morzy
by Jean Morzy - Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:05 PM
I have used baby powder to remove adhesive. It works great! Simply sprinkle over the area and rub in. The powder cakes up and is easy to rub off when the adhesive attaches to it. I follow up with a simple wipe down with either a Clorox wipe or a wash cloth with Dawn soap. I have used the other products mentioned in other posts, but I like the baby powder the best. Give it a try!

Jean Morzy
Simulation Lab
Concordia University of Wisconsin
Picture of Eileen Sikinger
by Eileen Sikinger - Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 9:14 AM
Eileen Sikinger
Picture of Patricia Bedell-Pulito
by Patricia Bedell-Pulito - Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 1:11 PM
I have had best luck with De-Solv-it. I get this at Wal-mart. Unlike Goo-gone, it doesn't smear the residue. I use a 4X4 (or slice of paper towel) it over area/s I want to de-stick, spray the product on the gauze and leave it for a few minutes, then wipe clean.
Picture of Wendy Grbach
by Wendy Grbach - Saturday, January 12, 2013, 8:05 AM

Thanks Patricia, hadnt tried that yet....we have used all of hte methods above and with similar outcomes of residue.  Baby powder you have to use on fresh removal and I have found letting it sit helps.  My  Laerdal service expert also recommended grime wipes from Lowes, which work great too for general cleaning and residue removal..

Picture of Tina Collins
by Tina Collins - Sunday, January 25, 2015, 4:13 PM

I was just advised to spray area with alcohol and sprinkle with baby powder and then it will rub right off.  Advice from Laerdal PM representative.