Equipment Issues

Picture of Amy Galetti
Task Trainer Feedback
by Amy Galetti - Monday, March 12, 2012, 4:26 PM

Just wondering what other facilities are using for task trainers?  I am in the market to purchase new trainers and I am concerned about cost and quality.  I don't want to purchase the least expensive one ($550) out there and only have it last a few years, yet I do not want to spend $3000 - $4000 on a mannequin that is just used for teaching skills.  Specifically we need a trainer that can have a trach, NG/OG, urinary catheterization, enema, and dressing change.  I have looked at Nasco, laerdal, kyoto kagaku, and Armstrong medical.  There is a lot to choose from and was looking for some feedback on what everyone else was using and if they would recommnend a certain brand over another.  We have not purchased new task trainers in quite some time and I would appreciate any thoughts and or suggestions.

Thank You,

Amy Galetti

Picture of Amy Galetti
Re: Task Trainer Feedback
by Amy Galetti - Monday, March 12, 2012, 5:24 PM

We do have a sim lab with medium and high fidelity ( mega code kid, noelle, and simman) mannequins from Laerdal. 

I am just interested in what other schools/facilities use for task trainers?  i.e. Complete Geri from Nasco - or nursing anne from Laerdal, etc. The mannequins are for use in our skills lab for return demos and pracitice only.  Nasco has a relatively inexpensive trainer for $550 - wondering about the quality - is anyone using it?  I think its the Simple Simon mannequin.