Equipment Issues

Picture of Shelly O'Malley
Window for Control Room
by Shelly O'Malley - Monday, February 6, 2012, 2:33 PM

I just was reading a low cost way to get two way mirror was to place a gila film over the exsisting window....just one problem... where can I find a pricing for a window to place the film on?  We have been using room dividers and I'm getting a proposal together for putting up a wall b/t a hallway and closet w/a window for a control room.  Cannot find a large plain window!  Anyone have any suggestions where to find a price or even a large window (one piece of glass)

Picture of Janet Willhaus
Re: Window for Control Room
by Janet Willhaus - Monday, February 6, 2012, 3:09 PM

Shelly,

You may want to look at these portable Sim Screen dividers by Appleton Inc. They are listed in our vendor list I believe, but the website is www.simulationscreens.com. They were located in the booth next to the NLN booth at the recent IMSH trade show. They have portable walls so you can move them around as needed for a control room. They were designed for a simulation lab coordinator by her husband who is in construction work. She talked him into building one and then people kept asking her where she had gotten it so he began this little company to make them.

You could easily move them around a lab which would be more flexible than building a wall/closet. They have a large window with one-way glass. Two of them is the lenth of a bed or you could angle them in a room corner. When I was a simulation lab coordinator I would have loved to have had a couple of them to move around my lab. I think they would also work in a hospital environment as they can be moved from room to room.

Janet 

Picture of Shelly O'Malley
by Shelly O'Malley - Monday, February 6, 2012, 3:19 PM

I saw these they are pretty expensive, or should I say I'm naive!  I already have 3 of the 4 walls so I would only need a connecting wall with a window in it.  Not sure if this would be cheaper or not.  I'm trying to decipher from the web page if that Cost is per panel?  Thanks for the suggestion/website Janet!
Picture of Janet Willhaus
by Janet Willhaus - Monday, February 6, 2012, 3:33 PM

I think they are between $1600 and $1700 per panel and they have wheels so you can roll them around. I don't know if this is more or less expensive than going to the hardware store and making one yourself. I don't have that kind of skill so I would have to ask for help.

Janet