Simulation Research

Picture of Mary Terwilliger
Doctoral research question - resources
by Mary Terwilliger - Saturday, October 8, 2011, 3:45 PM

Hello,

My name is Mary Terwilliger and I am enrolled in a doctoral program - specializing in Nursing Education. At this time I am working on the proposal portion of my dissertation; I am looking for contact information for various State Boards of Nursing as I would like to find someone who has the ability to send numerous associate degree nursing programs throughout their state a questionnaire as to the use of simulation and how it affects their NCLEX pass rates.

Any advice / comments / suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mary Terwilliger, MSN, RN
Doctoral student - Capella University

My email address is: mterwilliger@verizon.net

Picture of Janet Willhaus
Re: Doctoral research question - resources
by Janet Willhaus - Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 8:57 AM

Mary,

The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NSCBN) is currently running a large three year study with nursing students from both BSN and ADN programs to study the "dose" of simulation and its impact on learning and success upon graduation. You may want to read more about the study at

https://www.ncsbn.org/2094.htm

Picture of Mary Edwards
Re: Doctoral research question - resources
by Mary Edwards - Saturday, May 19, 2012, 1:49 PM

Mary..I also am in a doctoral program and am in the last class and my dissertation subject fell through. I would like to do something with the simulation also. Any suggestions. Mary Edwards RN MSN Assistnt Professor, Lakeview College of Nursing, Charleston Illinois.