I'm an architect specializing in simulation facilities. I'd like to put together a Top 10 list of questions or FAQ on simulation facilities from questions I get asked or see people asking.
These are questions about either the design or construction of a simulation facility, including high fidelity simulation spaces, skills labs, classrooms, debrief etc.
Here’s the top 10 I thought of.
1. How much does a simulation center cost?
2. How large a space do I need for a simulation center?
3. How much storage should I plan?
4. What kind of AV technology should I use?
5. Which simulation software package should I use?
6. Where is the best place to locate a simulation center on a campus?
7. How do I get started in planning a simulation center?
8. How do I future-proof my simulation facility?
9. Can we provide patient care in our simulation center?
10. What kind of infrastructure do we need for a simulation center?
Please add new questions and I will try to respond as best I can. Some of these are not within my area of expertise and some are dependent on your specific needs and circumstance.