Equipment Issues

Picture of Lauren Harrison
Voice Changer
by Lauren Harrison - Friday, September 30, 2011, 9:50 AM

Does anyone have recommendations for a voice changer to be used with a wireless microphone?  We have wireless microphones for all our sims but would be nice to be able to be gender specific if we can.

Thanks!
Lauren Harrison, MSN

Lab Coordinator

Endicott College

Beverly, MA

Picture of Cheryl Landis
Re: Voice Changer
by Cheryl Landis - Monday, October 17, 2011, 3:53 PM

I heard that this Web site may have some options for you: www.screamingbee.com.

I hope this helps!! Best Wishes!! :)

Picture of Leann Laubach
by Leann Laubach - Monday, October 17, 2011, 10:59 PM

We use the screamingbee voice changer. It works great! We connect the microphone to the laptop that runs our simulator, so it is not exactly wireless, but it works well. Make sure to set the computer so the sound runs through the screamingbee program or it will not work (the screamingbee program will need to be open whilie you run the simulator). You will also want to make sure that you have "listen" turned off, or you will get an echo through your simulator. There is a bit of a delay as it changes your voice, but if you are far enough from the simulator it is not too distracting.
Picture of Ron Perkins
by Ron Perkins - Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 11:40 AM

We bought an Electro-Harmonix Voice box, $200.  Most music stores like Musician choice or Guitar Center handles them.  Works great with our wireless mics, we use our own speakers strapped to the bottom of the beds, sounds are accurate.  Took a little bit to get used to tweaking but now I can sound like a girl(great!) and our females sound just like dudes.  Being the only male this box really freed me  up from doing ALL THE MALE PARTS..well worth the $$
Picture of Lauren Harrison
by Lauren Harrison - Thursday, November 17, 2011, 12:08 PM

Thanks Ron!  This is just what we  need here too as we have all women and need the male voice!  What type of speakers did you buy with them?
Kindly,

Lauren

Picture of Ron Perkins
by Ron Perkins - Thursday, November 17, 2011, 1:33 PM

Just some good computer type speakers.  We have several different brands and models.  Of course, the smaller the easier to mount.  We simply ziptied them so if you move a bed, they move with it.  Works great, gives good clarity for recording as well as streaming.
Picture of Jean Morzy
by Jean Morzy - Friday, November 2, 2012, 9:59 PM

I attended a Simulation conference and there was a gentleman that used Garage Band to change his voice. I am currently looking into this as an option, as well. Has anyone else used Garage Band?

Jean Morzy
Simulation Lab
Concordia University of Wisconsin