Simulation Centers and Faculty/Staff Development

Picture of Cathy Peterson
Grant funding for simulation equipment
by Cathy Peterson - Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 5:16 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions or resources to obtain grant funding so we can purchase our sim manikins with grant money? I would appreciate any info you may have!

Thanks,

Kathy, I know of many places to find this information.  I will forward you information from my work email address.

Picture of cindy cole
Re: Grant funding for simulation equipment
by cindy cole - Monday, June 20, 2011, 4:55 PM

Angela,

Can I get the information that you have on where to find grant funding for Simulation equipment? cynthiacole@svhed.org

I would like this information as well - megan@medicalsimsolutions.com

Megan
Picture of Becky Damazo
by Becky Damazo - Monday, June 20, 2011, 5:31 PM

Angela, I would also like to have you send me the information. Thank you so much for sharing! Becky Damazo

likewise- I would also be interested!
thanks for sharing
Picture of bonita kershaw
by bonita kershaw - Thursday, June 23, 2011, 3:40 PM

I would also be interested in this information
Picture of Bonnie Fast
by Bonnie Fast - Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:13 PM

Hi, Kathy, if you don't mind sharing, I would also like this information.

Thank you!
Picture of Tim Hardy
by Tim Hardy - Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 2:14 PM

Angela,

I would like this information as well.  Thanks for sharing.

Tim

tim.hardy@blinn.edu

Picture of Lisa Hill
by Lisa Hill - Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 2:19 PM

I would like this information as well.
Thank you

Lisa Hill
Lisa.hill@blackrivertech. org

Picture of Wendy Grbach
by Wendy Grbach - Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 2:49 PM

Hi Angela, I too would appreciate the info you can share.  Thanks in advance!

Wendy smile

Angela- I would love to have this information as well. My email address is howardp@otc.edu Thanks!

HI Angela,

I don't think I received your information on grant info. Can you please resend to me?

Thanks very much!

Cathy Peterson

Picture of Bonnie Fast
by Bonnie Fast - Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 3:26 PM

Angela, my email is bfast@umn.edu

Thank you for forwarding grant funding info!
Picture of Jean Halpern
by Jean Halpern - Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:15 PM

Angela, I would also be interested in the information. Thank you!big grin jhalpern@sunyorange.edu
Picture of Kari Congenie
by Kari Congenie - Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:26 AM

Angela

Would love the information as well! congeniek@elmhurst.edu

Thanks!

Kari

Elmhurst College

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to send me the information too?

Thanks,

nursekja@yahoo.com

Picture of Vanessa Kramasz
by Vanessa Kramasz - Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 11:20 AM

Angela, if you haven't been too bombarded with requests already, please send me a list of places as well. kramaszv@gtc.edu Thank you!
Picture of Denise Maxwell
by Denise Maxwell - Thursday, August 11, 2011, 10:21 AM

Hi Angela,

Please add me to the list of people who would like this information on grant funding.  Thank you for sharing!

Denise

Picture of Amy Richcreek
by Amy Richcreek - Thursday, August 11, 2011, 3:14 PM

Hi Angela,

Please also forward to information on grant funding to me.  I have had some success with Perkins grants, but this is a highly competitive process and I am always looking for more options (just like everyone else.) wink

Amy

Picture of Linda shubert
by Linda shubert - Thursday, August 11, 2011, 6:02 PM

Angela,

I would be greatful if you would add me to the (growing) list.

Many thanks,

Linda

Picture of sylvia barber
by sylvia barber - Friday, August 12, 2011, 10:17 AM

Angela,

I would really appreciate the information as well...thank you for sharing!

Sylvia

Picture of Sally Mercer
by Sally Mercer - Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 9:33 PM

Angela,
If you could, would you please send this information to me as well? Thanks so much! -Sally
sally.mercer@ttchohenwald.edu

Picture of Lisa Hill
by Lisa Hill - Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 10:28 AM

Has anyone ever gotten this information? I still have not.
Picture of Cathy Peterson
by Cathy Peterson - Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:01 PM

No, I have never received any information from anyone. I sure would love to get this though! Anyone have any information to share on where to find grant funding!
Picture of angela hoenig
by angela hoenig - Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 1:06 PM

I am sorry for any confussion. I have forwarded information to all that have requested.  If you didn't receive the information, I had attachments which could have causes your server to block it like spam.  Please look at the links below for some of the information.

http://www.nursingsociety.org/Media/Pages/Newgrantsupportsresearchon.aspx

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-11-024.html

http://www.scangrants.com/SearchResults.aspx?q=simulation

I have been able to find grants by searching Simulation in healthcare grants.  Then going from there.  NLN also has some good grants but they just closed July 1st.

I hope this helps everyone.  If you email me personally I can forward a few others, this way it wont get lost like spam does.  Sorry for any confussion.  I really just want to help.

Picture of Lori Stephens
by Lori Stephens - Sunday, December 18, 2011, 11:23 PM

Hi Angela.

I would be so grateful if you could please send me the additional information you have on grant funding for simulation equipment. We are working with our College Foundation and partnering with local hospitals to raise funds, but as you know, times are tough :-)

Thanks....Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

Lori

dstephen@shoreline.edu

Picture of Danielle Peacock
by Danielle Peacock - Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 2:13 PM

If you still have this information, I am interested! I'm new to my current university and am looking into grants with little luck. Thanks in advance!

danielle.peacock@armstrong.edu

Picture of Cody Deuel
by Cody Deuel - Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 11:32 PM

If you are interested I have the following for sale.  

Laerdal SimMan Essential and Laerdal SimBaby

SimMan(r) Essential A realistic, full-body adult, wireless patient simulator, SimMan Essential offers comprehensive clinical functionality to teach the core skills of airway, breathing, cardiac and circulation management. SimBaby™

SimBaby is an advanced infant patient simulator ideal for training in all aspects of infant care. With realistic anatomy and clinical functionality, SimBaby is suitable for all types of training - from routine care to critical emergencies.

SimMan Essential Manufactured: 10/20/2011, and last PM done: 2/11/2013

SimBaby Manufactured: 7/2/2013, PM was last done: 8/11/2014 Extended Warranty, and Loaner coverage ends: 6/27/2016.

This SimMan and SimBaby are both in Excellent Condition! Ready to be set up and used for your training facility. These Manikins were used with a College Nursing Program. The College Closed and prior to closing this Manikin was only used for a short time. The SimMan had a PM Service in 2013 and After that this was only used a few times. The SimBaby has a current PM Service Contract that is good through July 2016 and has a PM due now for the new user. This is This sale includes all that you see in the photos. The Cases shown for both Torso and Legs. Installed the SimMan is ready to be used as it is. These both Include many new consumables and extras. See full list below, Also See photo below for reference. The installed chest skin has some ink stains and one finger is torn on the installed right hand. SimBaby has new Chest Skin Installed and New left and right lower IV/IO legs.I have this set for local pickup in the Phoenix Area or I will deliver for free within 200 miles. I will also deliver outside of 200 miles for a fee with deposit and or payment made. Please contact me directly for estimate. After purchase I will send you an invoice for 10% deposit and full payment due upon pickup. I will also provide the option to have this item shipped, I fully assist in getting this item shipped out at buyers expense and arrangement.

Laerdal SimMan Essential

SimMan Essential Manufactured: 10/20/2011, and last PM done: 2/11/2013

Instructor Tablet ( Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet with Lenovo Base w/ Power supply Onyx Touchscreen All-in-one computer patient monitor w/ Power supply SimMan Power supply USB, Ethernet cables and mouse New Chest Skin New Right Arm Skin New Clothes New Neck Skin x6 New Hard Upper Teeth New Lung Compliance O-ring x10 New IM Pads x2 New IV Arm Pads x3 New Sternal IO pads x3 New SimMan Arm Adapter New Chest Drain Pleura x6 Sp02 Probe Syringe ECG Adapter Electrode Eye Inserts Kit Female Gentile Cricothyroid tape Blood Pressure Cuff x2 Allen Key Laerdal Blood Concentrate x5 Laerdal Airway Lubricant x4 Instruction Manuals and Warranty info Educational Materials SimMan photo Screen shot 2015-10-18 at 4.36.31 PM_zpsrjcr7daf.png

photo Screen shot 2015-10-18 at 4.36.50 PM_zpswd0c4h12.png

SimBaby Manufactured: 7/2/2013, PM was last done: 8/11/2014 Extended Warranty, and Loaner coverage ends: 6/27/2016.

Dell latitude E5430 W/ Power Cord Linkbox 380100 With All Cords ELO touchscreen patient monitor Compressor DSS 110 SimBaby Case New Chest Skin installed New Chest Skin x1 New left and right lower IV/IO legs New Right Arm Skin New bag of 50 esophagus filters New Pneumothorax bladders x2 New IV blood set Blood pressure measuring kit Chest Skin (Used) Head Skin w/Foam, SimBaby (Used) Eye Inserts Kit Sp02 Probe IV tubing and clip Right Arm Skin (Used) Left and right lower IV/IO legs (Used) Manuel defibrillation plates Lubricant, Baby Powder, Blood Concentrate Pleura Sleeves Instruction Manuals and Warranty info Educational Materials

SimBaby photo Screen shot 2015-10-18 at 4.38.35 PM_zpscaqovddu.png

Please review all photos and ask any questions you may have.

Thank you for you consideration!

photo _DSC0265_zpshir7h994.jpg

photo _DSC0311_zps53t4qbth.jpg

photo _DSC0333_zpsuc6tkugj.jpg

photo _DSC0312_zpszoejzkn4.jpg

photo _DSC0275_zpsgsuome2l.jpg

photo _DSC0315_zpsnyhp7whv.jpg

photo _DSC0313_zpsmro8adtf.jpg

photo _DSC0276_zpskn9cuusm.jpg

photo _DSC0314_zps4fdgsjdc.jpg

photo _DSC0271_zpsdaxpbk7a.jpg

photo _DSC0285_zpsgoyoavs8.jpg

photo _DSC0291_zps0qx8y5ha.jpg

photo _DSC0294_zpswhjqgaol.jpg

photo _DSC0292_zps5h0aahfb.jpg

Picture of sylvia barber
by sylvia barber - Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 8:29 AM

Angela,

Could you please send me this information also. I would really appreciate it.  sylvia.barber@mercy.net.  Thank you, Sylvia

Picture of Sandra K Voll
by Sandra K Voll - Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 8:41 AM

Please send me this information. I'd very much appreciate it. Sandy Voll svoll@vcu.edu
Picture of Phyllis Lauer
by Phyllis Lauer - Monday, September 12, 2011, 9:00 AM

Hello Angela,

I would love this information too.

My email address is:   PLauer@ssc.edu

or                        mmiiccii@earthlink.net

Thank you so much!

Phyllis

Picture of Mary Terwilliger
by Mary Terwilliger - Saturday, October 8, 2011, 3:50 PM

Angela,

I would like to add my name to the growing list requesting information regarding grant funding for simulation. We plan to start building a new sim lab in the summer of 2012.
Thank you!

Mary Terwilliger
mterwilliger@verizon.net

Can you forward this information to me as well ?

Thanks,

Pat McCauley

patricia.mccauley@regiscollege.edu

Picture of Phyllis Lauer
by Phyllis Lauer - Wednesday, October 12, 2011, 8:41 AM

Hello Kathy,

I'd also like the information on finding grant funding!!

Thank you so much!

Phyllis Lauer, Nursing faculty, South Suburban College, South Holland, IL   plauer@ssc.edu

Picture of Noreen Connolly
by Noreen Connolly - Friday, October 21, 2011, 1:39 PM

Hi Angela,

Would it be possible for you to forward the grant info to my work email?

I appreciate your time.  Thank you so much.

Noreen

nconnelly@partners.org

Picture of mary jean osborne
by mary jean osborne - Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 2:34 AM

I would greatly appreciate the information on grant funding for sim equipment. Thanks in advance! mosborne@northampton.edu
Picture of Sandra Lusk
by Sandra Lusk - Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 3:30 PM

Sorry to be overwhelming you, but I'd like to join the Grant Funding group. We are a small community college and could use the help.

Thank you,
Sandra Lusk, RN, BSN
sandra.lusk@wallacestate.edu
Picture of Mary Burroughs
by Mary Burroughs - Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 4:16 PM

Sounds like there is a regular request for information about grant funding for simulation equipment. I, too, would like this information.

Thanks

Mary Burroughs, RN, MSN
mburroughs@shoreline.edu
Shoreline Community College
Shoreline, WA
Picture of Allison Sutphin
by Allison Sutphin - Thursday, September 13, 2012, 1:38 PM

Angela,

I would be interested in any information you have about grant funding. My email is asutphin@cfcc.edu.

Thank you,

Allison Sutphin

Picture of Diana Breed
by Diana Breed - Thursday, January 25, 2018, 12:54 PM

I would love to have this information too Angela.  Can you add me to your very long list?  Thank you in advance.  

diana.breed@mesacc.edu

Picture of Courtney Gehrig
by Courtney Gehrig - Monday, January 29, 2018, 6:29 PM

Hi Angela,

I too would love to have information on grants for funding on simulation equipment.  My email is cgehrig@methodistcol.edu

Thank you so much!

Picture of Amy Galetti
by Amy Galetti - Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 8:55 AM

I would also be interested in this information!

Thanks,

Amy Galetti

Picture of Allison Offie
by Allison Offie - Friday, August 5, 2011, 11:02 AM

I would love to have that information. our equipment is out dated.

Thank you

Allison Offie

LCCTC- PN

Debbe Schuster
by Debbe Lee Schuster - Sunday, November 13, 2011, 2:26 PM

Allison,  I see you have had lots of responses for the grant information.  If your information is current, could you send it to me as well.   Appreciate your assistance,

Debbe Lee Schuster, PhD, RN
Faculty/Director Nursing Arts Lab
Salt Lake Community College
Jordan Campus
 West Jordan, UT 84088

email:  debbe.schuster@slcc.edu

Picture of Bonnie McManus
by Bonnie McManus - Monday, December 26, 2011, 9:34 PM

Allison,

I would greatly appreciate any grant source information as well.
Thank you,
Bonnie McManus

email: mcmanus@cua.edu
Picture of Kathleen Atchison
by Kathleen Atchison - Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 5:12 PM

There are always lots of requests for this.  It's too bad a group doesn't get together and post this information for the organization regularly.  That would be a real benefit to members.
Picture of Janet Willhaus
by Janet Willhaus - Thursday, February 2, 2012, 8:52 AM

This is not funding for manikins, but perhaps for a study which may get you more equiment in the future.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE/GRANTS LISTING/span>

Grant Contact: Nasreen Ferdous
212-812-0315; nferdous@nln.org

Press Contact: Karen R. Klestzick
212-812-0376; kklestzick@nln.org

NLN Annual Nursing Education Research Grants Program
Proposals Due February 23, 2012 for Awards Up to $25,000

Special $2,500 Grant to Be Awarded for Doctoral Research in Nursing Education Through
NLN Partnership with Midwest Nursing Research Society
Due February 15, 2012

New York, NY — January 25, 2012 — /span>The National League for Nursing's long record of support for rigorous, high-quality study that contributes to the science of nursing education is reflected in the NLN nursing education research grants program. Proposals for support up to $25,000 are due by February 23.

/span>

In addition, a $2,500 awarded to a doctoral candidate completing a dissertation in nursing education is available through a special NLN partnership with the Midwest Nursing Research Society: The NLN and MNRS will each support a student whose work, it is anticipated, will advance the science of nursing education. The NLN/MNRS grant recipient must be a member of both organizations, thus be a nurse educator within the Wheat Ridge-Colorado-based MNRS's 13-state regional catchment area.

"When it comes to promoting nursing education scholarship, the NLN does more than 'talk the talk,'" said NLN president Dr. Judith Halstead. "The League makes a serious financial commitment to academic progression that advances lifelong learning among nurse educators, and expands the evidence base for best practices in the preparation of a diverse, culturally competent nursing workforce."

Beginning researchers, accomplished scholars, and mentor-protégé research pairs are encouraged to apply for the NLN Nursing Education Research Grants and for the NLN/MNRS grant. In all cases, principal investigators must be current dues-paying NLN members or hold NLN membership through their academic institution.

Another requirement for NLN grant support is that studies must relate to one or more of the NLN's Priorities for Research in Nursing Education, which may be found on the NLN website at www.nln.org/researchgrants/priorities.htm. In addition, priority will be given to studies evaluating the success of strategies for ensuring a diverse student population, provide a mentoring relationship for novice researchers, and/or are multisite.

Award amounts will vary with the nature of the study proposed. While the NLN/MNRS dissertation award is $2,500, doctoral students can apply also apply for the NLN Nursing Education Research Grants.

For complete information about the submission of complete proposals, visit: www.nln.org/Researchgrants/2012grant/index.htm.

For additional questions or information, contact Nasreen Ferdous at 212-812-0315 or nferdous@nln.org.

Editors and reporters: For interview opportunities, please contact NLN chief communications officer, Karen R. Klestzick at 212-812-0376 or kklestzick@nln.org.

Dedicated to excellence in nursing, the National League for Nursing is the premier organization for nurse faculty and leaders in nursing education. The NLN offers professional development, networking opportunities, testing services, nursing research grants, and public policy initiatives to its 35,000 individual and 1,200 institutional members. NLN members represent nursing education programs across the spectrum of higher education and health care organizations and agencies.

Since 1975, the Midwest Nursing Research Society has been transforming how nursing is practiced by promoting, disseminating, and using nursing research and by encouraging, supporting, and connecting the next generation of nurse scientists. Today, with more than 1,300 members, MNRS is one of the largest and most influential nursing research organizations in the country, serving individuals in a 13-state Midwest region.

Picture of Lanette Dykstra
by Lanette Dykstra - Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11:06 AM

Our rural acute care facility is looking into adding a simulation lab and I am wondering if there are any grants out there that are available at this time.