Simulation Centers and Faculty/Staff Development

Picture of Herbert Valerie
Student Simulation Fees
by Herbert Valerie - Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 9:11 PM

I am investigating fee schedules for students utilizing simulation equipment.  Is anyone attaching a student simulation fee to courses; or including costs in their lab/technology fees?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Val

Val Herbert, MSN, RN
Director of Learning Resources and Simulation
1 College Circle
Husson University
Bangor, ME  04401

Picture of Karen Werskey
Re: Student Simulation Fees
by Karen Werskey - Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 9:15 AM

We are not at this time.

Karen Werskey

Picture of Jennifer Bulinski
by Jennifer Bulinski - Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 4:14 PM

Here is what we charge our students. I hope this helps:

A traditional nursing student for the nursing program would be enrolled for 2 years as a full time student. The time before that would be spent on completing your pre-nursing (prerequisite) courses and your general education courses. 

To calculate your cost for two years of nursing school, you'd need to look at the regular tuition cost for a full time student, the nursing clinical fees and then there are a few more lab/book fees which cover important necessities for your nursing education.  Also if you are living on campus you would need to choose which living cost you would have and which food plan you would have (room/board). 

For the upcoming school year 2011-2012, that would be something like:

Flat costs:

Full-time Tuition (12-17 hours/semester) - $20,990/year

Nursing Clinical Fee (junior and senior years) $1830/semester

Total for 1 year with Clinical Courses both semesters = $24,650

Other nursing fees that cover resources and books you would otherwise have to buy:

Nursing Labs-$125 per course with lab

A.T.I. Nursing Testing Fee $140 - Testing program that we use, this is billed each semester to cover the testing materials and books that you will receive.

There is also a software program that takes place of several medical books, include a medical dictionary and terminology book which will have the cost attached to your first nursing class. You will have use of this software through the company's website as well as have the ability to put it on your smart phone or PDA.  I believe the cost is $150 dollars and once you have your log in with this company, it should not expire.

Picture of Tim Hardy
by Tim Hardy - Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 10:44 PM

We charge every Allied Health student (ADN, VOCN, PTA, RAD TECH, EMS) a $300 per semester fee for simulations.

Hope this helps.

Picture of Kathleen Atchison
by Kathleen Atchison - Friday, September 16, 2011, 1:00 PM

How much time does each student spend in simulation during the semester?

Thank you,