Simulation Research

Picture of lori anderson
Lasater Clinical Judgment Rubric
by lori anderson - Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:34 AM
I am a 3rd year PhD student and will be doing a directed research project this fall. I will be using LCJR to evaluate two group of students. I have a few studies that have used this rubric, but wondering if anyone has found more research using this tool. Thanks, Lori
Picture of ziad alostaz
Re: Lasater Clinical Judgment Rubric
by ziad alostaz - Monday, July 26, 2010, 11:34 AM

hi lori

look to the following link

at the end of slide there are refernces ...hope to help ....and if i find any thing i will post it

ziad alostaz

RN MSN student

KAUH hospital

by Nate Brent - Friday, November 5, 2010, 1:55 PM

Here is the citation of the actual article and rubric.

Lasater, K. (2007). Clinical Judgment Development: Using Simulation to Create an Assessment Rubric. Journal of Nursing Education, 46(11), 496-503. Retrieved from Education Research Complete database.

Due to copyright laws, the actual file cannot be sent, but if you search any credible database, you will find it.

Picture of Patricia Maggard
by Patricia Maggard - Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 4:44 PM
I actually came across two articles that have used the rubric. One is Debriefing and Reflection on Clinical Judgement Skills Using the Lasater Clinical Judgement Rubric by Dianne Slager and Shelly Bartels. The second is Clinical Judgement in Simulation: Partnering Service and Academia by Deboral Letcher, Lynn White, and Kim Leighton. Hope this helps you. I actually need help also. I am having trouble obtaining a copy of the rubric. Would you have a link that could help me? Thanks. My email is Trish Maggard, RN, BS, MSN candidate
Picture of kathy gendron
by kathy gendron - Thursday, November 4, 2010, 7:55 PM
I too would appreciate a link or direction as to where to find the rubric.  I read the article on the research itself but did not find the actual rubric. We are going to grading HPS and would appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks.
by LORA BARTLETT - Thursday, November 4, 2010, 9:19 PM
Can I also request a link or direction on the Lasater rubric? I am interested in learning more on this topic.
Picture of Debra Shelton
by Debra Shelton - Friday, November 5, 2010, 12:43 PM

Would like as well.

Debra P. Shelton, EdD, APRN-CS, NE-BC, OCN, CNE

Associate Professor

Director, Assessment and Evaluation

Holder, Ann Splon Coughlin Endowed Professorship

Northwestern State University

College of Nursing

1800 Line Ave

Shreveport, LA 71101

Kathie Lasater, EdD, RN, ANEF is at OHSU School of Nursing and continues to work with the rubric. She is happy to connect with others interested. She gave me permission to share her email address which is - ahe would like and an idea of how the rubric is being used.