Picture of susan ramnarine-singh
Psychiatric Scenario's
by susan ramnarine-singh - Thursday, February 25, 2010, 03:11 PM

Does anyone know where I can obtain some Psychiatric Scenario's for the SIM lab?  And how are they carried out with a Mannequin?

Thank You,

Susan

Picture of Linda shubert
Re: Psychiatric Scenario's
by Linda shubert - Thursday, February 25, 2010, 03:49 PM

Susan,

I am looking for Psych scenarios as well.  Would be interested in hearing how they went for anyone who has used them....

Picture of Susan House
by Susan House - Thursday, January 27, 2011, 03:55 PM
  We continue to look for psychiatric scenarios, especially some with medication usage.
Picture of Linda shubert
by Linda shubert - Thursday, January 27, 2011, 04:58 PM
  We too would be interested in Pysch scenarios....
Picture of Mary Beth Hutches
by Mary Beth Hutches - Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 05:54 PM
  I am also looking for psychiatric scenario's
Picture of Amy Galetti
by Amy Galetti - Thursday, February 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
  I came across this pysch simulation that looks quite interesting. It does not use mannequins or medications. We are looking into possibly purchasing the program. Here is the link:

http://www.healthysimulation.com/155/hearing-voices-simulation/

Picture of Kelly Migler
by Kelly Migler - Thursday, February 10, 2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I went to the website and found the program very interesting. I have already forwarded it to our psych instructors and the Dean to see if they would be interested in purchasing it for our program.

Picture of Patricia (Patty) Ravert
by Patricia (Patty) Ravert - Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:59 AM

At BYU one of the faculty members uses voice simulation---she has written 2 articles regarding this with a faculty member from Westminter College.

Here are the references-

I have actually written two research article on this exact voice simulation experience.

Dearing, K. S., and Steadman, S., (2009). Emotional Intelligence: Enhancing Empathy through Voice Simulation. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 45(3), p173-182.

Dearing, K. S., and Steadman, S., (2008). Challenging Stereotyping and Bias: A Voice Simulation Study. The Journal of Nursing Education, 47(2), p 59-65.

Picture of Rickie Bonner
by Rickie Bonner - Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 05:36 PM

We use a "Hearing Voices" simulation by Pat Deagan and have used it for about 2 years now. The students love it! Here is the link to the website for more info.

https://www.patdeegan.com/pat-deegan/training/hearing-voices-training

Picture of Crissy Hunter
by Crissy Hunter - Friday, February 8, 2013, 03:24 PM
  We hired actors and had them play 4 different psych disorders. I think the best thing for students is role-playing when it comes to mental health because a mannikin just can't make it that believable. Our students raved about their experience.