Simulation Centers and Faculty/Staff Development

Picture of Tommie Rimes
Simulation Survey Tool/Instrument
by Tommie Rimes - Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 1:44 PM

Colleagues,

My organization is in the process of expanding our nursing simulation program(s). We are very interested in querying all of our faculty regarding their knowledge of clinical simulation and their general feelings about how easily they might embrace this and other technological innovations. Have any of you created a survey tool that addressed these types of questions, and if so, would any of you be willing to share your tool or your knowledge? Any input and/or suggestions will be greatly beneficial and much appreciated as we move forward.

Thank you and best regards,

Tommie E. Rimes, MSN, RN
Galen School of Nursing -- Tampa Bay

Picture of Mary Cato
Re: Simulation Survey Tool/Instrument
by Mary Cato - Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 7:26 PM

Tommie,

Have you checked the "Developing Faculty" course here in the SIRC?  There is a preassessment tool at the beginning of the course.  Also, if you check the Educator's Toolkit at the end of the course, there are a few other surveys you could use to determine faculty's knowledge and learning needs regarding simulation.

Mary Cato MSN, RN

Simulation & Clinical Learning Center

Oregon Health & Science University

(SIRC author)

Picture of Tommie Rimes
by Tommie Rimes - Thursday, January 7, 2010, 10:23 AM

Hi, Mary:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my forum posting. I have not looked at the "Developing Faculty" course, but it certainly sounds like it would be valuable to do so. Thank you very much for your input and guidance. I greatly appreciate it!

Best regards,

Tommie Rimes
Picture of vickie valenziano
by vickie valenziano - Saturday, January 9, 2010, 12:25 PM

Tommy, I also used the information from the Developing Faculty course from SIRC and NLN. These courses helped me very much, even though I have had several years experience with simulation.

Vickie Valenziano
Picture of Tommie Rimes
by Tommie Rimes - Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:51 AM

Thank you for your input, Vicki.

Best regards,

Tommie Rimes